Saturday, October 24, 2020

Butter Molds

 



Well, I've been MIA all summer. I did share a lot over on Instagram(@parnellspantry), but with everyone home and so much going on, it isn't always easy to keep up. I do plan on sharing a few posts this week recapping all that went on over the summer with our garden as well as some of the treats and dinners we've made. For today, I am sharing a fun idea to make your fall dinners a bit more special. 

   I am a firm believer in planning ahead as much as possible. Making fun shapes out of butter is something you can do very far in advance which means one less thing to worry about when the holidays roll around. I use the same molds I use for making chocolates, but I use butter instead. All you need to do is soften your butter and firmly press it into each cavity in the mold, then freeze. It's easy!  Here are a few I've made for Halloween and Thanksgiving....

   I used both plain butter and herbed butter. To learn how to make your own herbed butter,click here..

  



I made these for Halloween...perfect fun little addition for the kids' waffles,pancakes or toast. Don't mind the fingerprints on the knife..I had a "helper" who couldn't wait to dig in!

 


I also made some turkeys,which would look great on any Thanksgiving table. How nice would it be to have one at each place setting or maybe one plain and one with herbs?



Once you've frozen the butter, pop them out of the molds and layer them on a freezer safe container using parchment paper between the layers.


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment