Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago.My family loves it!It is creamy,delicious and easy to make.Again,I make my own pie crust,but you can use a premade pie dough from your local market.Hopefully, it will become a tradition in your home!Although this recipe does not require baking the pie crust first,I like to line the crust with foil or parchment,then with beans,or pie weights if you have them,and bake it for about 10 minutes.Then,I add the filling and bake as directed.I find that it ensures that the crust bakes thoroughly,and is not soggy.If your crust seems to be getting too dark while baking,use a pie shield,or gently place a piece of foil across the pie,being careful not to let the foil touch the filling.

Ingredients:
1 prepared(or homemade) pie shell,with high edges
6 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. dark corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. fresh cream
3 eggs
2 tbsp.sugar
1-1/2 c. cooked pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
     In the bowl of your mixer ,beat together all of the ingredients(except the pie shell,of course)! Blend until creamy.Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for one hour.Remove from oven,cool and refrigerate.Garnish with fresh whipped cream and a touch of cinnamon if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment