Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nut Cups

Here's the recipe:

Dough:

1 c. flour
3 oz. cream cheese(the bar,not the whipped)
1 stick of unsalted butter
  Blend all three together in the bowl of a mixer,or with a handheld mixer.Roll into 24 balls(approx. about 1 tbsp each,but don't go crazy with measurements.See the pic below.)Place each ball into a greased 24 cup mini muffin pan(cooking spray works great,but in a pinch,grease with butter.)

  There are two ways to form the dough.One is to push your thumb into the dough and guide it along the sides of the muffin tin.The other is to place the ball of dough in your hand,flatten it between your palms,then place it in the muffin tin and ease it up the sides of the tin.Whatever works for you!
  Now for the filling:
2 c. of finely chopped nuts(walnuts or pecans work best)
1-1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix all of the ingredients together.You will have a thick,pasty mixture.
  Fill each cup of the muffin tin almost to the top.Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes(depending on your oven).Keep an eye on them,and remove when they are browned around the edges.
   Here are some tips; these can be partially made ahead.Make the dough,mold it into the tins,wrap with plastic and refrigerate overnight or freeze up to 6 months.then you just have to mix the filling together before you bake.Let the dough come to room temperature before baking if it has been frozen.
Enjoy them!


 

5 comments:

  1. I make these also Barbara--I call them Tea Time Tassies...They are GREAT. You can just pop them in your mouth they are so small. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making them tonight but going to try them as bars because I don't have a mini-muffin pan. Any advice? How thick should the dough be? Not sure what size pan to use- figure I'll just wing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele,
    I have never done them as bars,but I am sure it will work.You don't want the dough to be too thick,maybe about 1/2 inch or so...let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I remember these as a kid, my mom used to make them, she is no longer with us so Im going to give them a try. My question is can I double the recipe or do I need to make 2 batches?

    ReplyDelete