Friday, February 1, 2013

Hot Chocolate

  It is quite cold today on Long Island, so I thought it would be the perfect day to make hot chocolate! This recipe comes from Ina Garten. It calls for either espresso powder or coffee powder. Since I am not a coffee drinker,I knew the espresso would be too strong for me,so I opted for the coffee powder. After all...coffee does enhance the flavor of chocolate! Be sure to use the best quality chocolate you can find.

Ingredients:
2-1/2 c. milk
2 c. half and half
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
4 oz. milk chocolate
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp espresso powder or coffee powder



   In a large saucepan, heat the milk and half and half just until it is about to simmer. Remove from the heat, and add in the chocolates. Whisk vigorously. Once the chocolate has melted, add the sugar, vanilla and espresso powder. Reheat gently(careful not to scorch), and serve. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment