Saturday, May 14, 2016

This Week in Cookies


It has been another busy week! I started by sending cookies to a Marine in Japan as part of the Operation Cookie Takeover program. It is a great program that recruits volunteers from around the country to bake and ship cookies to our troops. I have participated several times, and will continue to do so as a way of thanking those who serve and protect. The next one will be  in the fall.If you are interested ,visit their facebook page for updates. Below is a picture of the box I sent. My assigned Marine will have 6 dozen cookies to share soon!
 
This week I made many cookies for Mother's Day, a Communion, A DIsney Cars birthday party and a Superman  party. Here are some pics of the goodies. This was a platter for a special Mom.

 

Next, I made the favors for a special boy's First Holy Communion.
 

This one was fun. A Disney Cars themed platter. I decided to add character candles for this special 5 year old.
 

My last project for this week was a birthday party for a young boy with a Superman theme. Instead of an "S" cookie, we used his initial , "M."

Now,it is time for some gardening. I will be posting about our garden soon!

Have a sweet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment