Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmas Recap


2018! I always love the thought of a fresh start,whether it be the typical purging of the home after Christmas,  the beginning of a new fitness regimen or even just a blank calendar waiting to be filled with important events,appointments and celebrations. It fills my heart with hope and excitement!
   As the new year begins, one can't help but reflect on the year before,so with that in mind,today I am sharing some things from December,rather than the entire year. Lots of pics to share, so here we go...

I started off the season with decor in mind. Picked up this adorable and useful rosemary tree at Trader Joe's.
I also ordered some amaryllis bulbs to add a splash of color around the house. This one bloomed a week before Christmas,but I still have three others I am waiting on! I never did this before,but now I realize it may take much longer than I had anticipated. Still, they will brighten my rooms while everything outside is covered in white.
 
One of my favorite new purchases this year was this list...isn't it adorable? I added the ribbon and greenery to the top. I purchased this from zoandjordan on Etsy. Love it!
 
My hubby and I also teamed up this year to make holiday signs for our Etsy shop. This was a fun project for us. Here are just a few of them...



Naturally, cookies played a big part of my life in December. The season started with some Elf on the Shelf cookies.

Then the rest of the month was all about the holiday cookie platters.







In the midst of all things Christmas,I made this birthday platter  for a sweet 2 year old!
Hope he and his friends enjoyed the sweets!

I also put together a few boxes of cookies,which make great gifts for teacher,hostesses and friends.


I just love these boxes from BRP Box Company.

    These little kits from It's Written on the Wall were fun to put together.. Her Etsy shop has so many great designs! I used them as advent calendar gifts for my boys, but they make great stocking stuffers or party favors as well.
 
Another cool thing I discovered this season was Becky Higgins' Stone Wrap. This gift wrap is made from limestone(hence the name) rather than trees. It feels a bit different,more of a dull finish, but it cuts like butter,is waterproof and does not tear at all when wrapping items with sharp corners. I love it! Wrapped many large gifts with no tears,wrinkles or problems. I highly recommend this, and she has a variety of patterns for all occasions. This is available online and at Jo-Ann Fabric Stores.

Such fun holiday patterns.

 Etsy is one of my favorite places for online shopping. I love the variety and unique gifts I am able to find. This was one that I thought was special. I bought this for one of my boys and filled it with art supplies and treats that he loves. It was a big hit. It is from Cufflinksgalore.
 
 
  Just as the holiday season came to a close, I had a request for a "smash cake" for a photo shoot for a one year old girl. The family braved a blizzard to pick up the cake and head to the photographer.They managed to make the trip safely and have the photos taken. I heard it was a success and am looking forward to seeing the pictures! Here is the cake!
We had a very nice holiday and I hope you and your family did as well. Now ,it is back to real life. I do miss the lights and the trees, but am looking forward to Valentine's Day and planning our spring garden.
   This year on the blog, I am going to change things a bit. I will continue to share photos of my creations as well as recipes, but also will be adding a bit more about life in general, gardening, projects, great books to read and products that I love and think you will too. Please stop by often and see what is new!

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment