Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday's Favs

Here is a quick rundown of some of my favorite things from this week,and one not so favorite.

    We finally have warm weather! My son Timmy planted a bunch of heirloom tomato seeds this winter and we were both excited to transfer them into our garden. Hopefully, Mother Nature will not send any more cold weather this way.
 
This girl is loving the warmer days, She is spending a lot of time playing outside. We love our sweet pup.
My daffodils are also making me smile this week. They won't last long, but are so pretty right now. I'm also loving the flowers on the new tropical hibiscus tree I received earlier in the week.

My son Mikey (who has autism and is non verbal) loves to walk around our local park. The park is quite beautiful ,particularly in the springtime. He tends to wind up near this tree often which is actually a very special tree,one which is dedicated to a family friend who passed far too soon. It's interesting how he makes his way over there and stops for a bit. My husband snapped this picture of him on their last walk. If you'd like to learn more about our journey with autism, visit my other blog www.hopeformyboy.com  Haven't written in a while, but have shared quite a bit on there and hope to get back to it soon.
   
As the summer approaches,I like to stock up on containers that I can cart to and from the beach,parties,etc. I love this set of 8 Lock and Lock storage containers. They come in a variety of colors, and they nest inside each other which makes storage a bit easier.I purchased mine from QVC.
 
Many people have asked about these jars in my kitchen. The are over sized Ball mason jars. I use them to store pasta and other pantry items. They sell them at Michael's, but I think they may be cheaper at Target. Naturally, you can find them on Amazon as well. During the summer, I like to keep  pantry items such as pasta,flour,sugar,rice,etc. in airtight containers,and these are large enough to store a couple of boxes of pasta and attractive as well. Win-win.
 
There is something this week that is not making me happy.On Easter Sunday, our longtime neighbor passed away. She was 91 and she had no relatives at all. As I watch her house being emptied in preparation for sale, I can't help but think how sad it is to see a person's entire life placed in a dumpster. She grew up in the same house, so really, it is two generations of things being tossed out. While I realize that they are only things, it still breaks my heart. I also am bothered by people who suddenly are interested in looking inside her home,wanting to find partners to invest with,etc, especially when these same folks had no interest in this person while she was alive. Perhaps if they had shown a bit of compassion or interest while she was alive,they would have had a chance to know the person and her story rather than scrambling to acquire her home after the fact. That said, I know hers was a life well lived,so I will continue to focus on that.
   
Be kind to your neighbors, try to help those who need it, and don't forget the elderly..more often than not they need some help but are too proud to ask. Pay attention and help where you can.

Have a nice weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment