Friday, September 21, 2018

Favorite Fall Dessert Recipes

Today I want to share some of my favorite fall desserts. They are not too difficult to make, and will leave your house smelling heavenly. As we head into the time of year when we are busy with homework,sports,and invites to a variety of gatherings, it is always nice to have a few tried and true recipes that come together quickly and are enjoyed by all.

When fall begins and the weather is cool, I love to turn my ovens back on and start baking. This quick bread is one of our favorites and is on repeat in our house throughout the fall and winter months. We love it. It is also a great treat to bring along to a friend's house or to give as a gift. Just wrap,add a tag(see above) and you are ready to go!
  We are also big cheesecake fans. When I made this and tried it for the first time, I knew it was a keeper. I found this pumpkin shaped mini cheesecake pan years ago at Williams Sonoma but am not sure if they even make it any more. Any mini cheesecake pan will do, or just make a large one instead. It's a delicious cake!
  Naturally, fall brings with it many,many apples. If you and your family have been apple picking, or you've found some beautiful apples at your local farmer's market, this pie is as easy to make as it is delicious. I like to make my own pie crusts, but in a pinch ,store bought is fine. No one will know, and if it makes your life easier,I'm all for it!
   This recipe is one that I make frequently. It is very basic, absolutely delicious and loved by everyone. The choice of nuts is entirely up to you, but I tend to stick with walnuts or pecans. The great thing about it is that you can make the dough ahead,place it in the mini muffin tins and freeze it until you are ready to fill them. The filling comes together in minutes,and before you know it,you have mini bites of deliciousness. This is a great go to treat for fall gatherings, visits with friends,bake sales or any other festivities you have planned. Keep a pan with frozen dough in your freezer and you will always be ready for unexpected guests!

I hope you enjoy the recipes! Have a sweet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment