Friday, January 4, 2019

Christmas



























Maybe it is just me, but I feel as if Christmas came and went quickly this year! It was a quiet one for us, with a few visits from friends and relatives,which was very nice. Today I am sharing a little bit of our holiday and favorite goodies with you.

   Earlier in the week I went to Costco and picked up these beautiful floral arrangements.

 

 I also stopped by our favorite bakery to pick up a few things, including these bell shaped gumdrops that my boys love. I set them out with some flameless candles and candy shaped ornaments  on my new tray( a gift) from Hearth and Hand.




Christmas Eve was a day filled with baking and eating.Naturally,cookies were on the menu.I made quite a variety of treats because I was assembling platters to give as gifts.Here are a few of them..

 Wreath cookies about to go in the oven.
Peppermint sticks
A cookie board for us to nibble on.
Lights,mittens and assorted goodies.



I had to stop myself from eating these crackers from Trader Joe's while I was baking...so addictive! Fortunately, they are a seasonal item, so now I won't need any will power when I go shopping.
These seasonal themed ice-cream flavors from ecreamery were a hit in our house as well.
When it comes to giving gifts, I always try to find something fun and different and I love to give edible gifts..This year, I gave my son Timmy this gift from Butter, Love and Hardwork in Beverly Hills. It was a bit of a splurge to say the least, but he never really asks for anything and he loves all things gingerbread.It was made of chocolate and came with a mallet to smash it open. Inside were gumballs,peppermint candies and handmade truffles. He and my son Sean had fun smashing and eating it. One thing to note..when I originally ordered,I received one that was scratched and broken. When I contacted the company, they sent me another immediately . The customer service was excellent!
 
It was a nice, quiet night, filled with family,sweets and loads of gift wrapping! My only complaint was that it was over in no time at all. I hope you enjoyed your holiday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment