Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Butternut Squash Ravioli

Here is a quick weeknight dinner.Although it would make a great fall meal,I am a big fan of butternut squash,so I eat it all year long.The ravioli is store bought,and the sauce is made of three ingredients.Using the best quality ingredients is important here because it is a very simple recipe!When you taste the ravioli,crispy sage & nuts together,you will see why I like it so much!Sage is a great herb to grow either outside or indoors.I am lucky,as I planted mine last year,and it did very well over the mild winter.

Ingredients:
1 package of butternut squash ravioli
1 stick of butter
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
fresh sage leaves(about 10-15 leaves)
    Bring water to a boil in a large pot .Add the ravioli and cook for 5 minutes if fresh,or about 10 if frozen.Drain.

   In a saute pan,melt the butter.Add the nuts and the sage.Cook over medium heat until the butter turns brown,and the nuts are fragrant ,and the sage leaves crisp.Be careful,as the butter can go from browned to burned quickly.Place as many ravioli in each dish as desired.Lightly spoon some of the brown butter sauce over the ravioli,along with the nuts and sage.Top with grated parmesan if desired.

*** I use salted butter and parmesan,so I do not add additional salt to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment