Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Pine Nut Cookies

Most people think that because I bake so often,that the last thing I would ever want is for someone else to bake for me....WRONG!!!!I love my sweets,and I really love when friends share their desserts and recipes with me.
   After my son Timmy had finished his Father's Day deliveries,my neighbor Maria surprised me with a bag of delicious cookies that she had made that day.She also,was kind enough to share the recipe.I love pine nuts,and am a self-professed chocoholic,so naturally I loved them!This is an easy recipe,that reminds me of a shortbread cookie with cocoa.....it is a perfect accompaniment to a glass of tea or coffee,or in my case,a big glass of ice cold milk.Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 c. unsalted butter,softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1-1/2 c. flour
3/4 cups of pine nuts
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

   In the bowl of your mixer,blend together the butter ,powdered sugar ,cocoa,salt and vanilla.Add the flour,pine nuts and chocolate chips.Roll the dough into balls( about 1 tbsp each),and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.Bake at 325 degrees,until the tops look dry,approximately 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment