Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

   Those of you who live on Long Island have most likely had the privilege of tasting a cake known as a Philly Fluff. It isn't a special looking cake,as a matter of fact,it just looks like a simple pound cake. What makes a Philly Fluff special is its texture and taste.....it is a delicious treat! As a young girl,I worked in a local bakery that made the best fluffs around.....had I known that I would later become a baking fanatic and blogger,I would have asked for the recipe! Sadly,I didn't, and so I continue my quest to figure out how to make this favorite cake of mine.
    After much research and kitchen play time,I concocted what I believed would be a chocolate chip Philly Fluff...but that didn't happen.Instead,I made a rather delicious pound cake. So,here I give you a great recipe for a pound cake,and I continue my quest to get the perfect texture and unmistakable taste of the elusive Philly Fluff. Just a word of warning,there may be a few more delicious pound cakes to come,but who doesn't love a great piece of that?


INGREDIENTS:
 10 oz. cream cheese,softened
2 sticks of butter,softened
1-3/4 c. Sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
5 eggs
2c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. chocolate chips

   In the bowl of your mixer,blend the cream cheese and the butter. Add the sugar,followed by the eggs,and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients,EXCEPT, the chips,and blend only until the mixture comes together.
   Grease two loaf pans.Sprinkle the bottoms with the chocolate chips.

   Divide the mixture between two loaf pans,filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 325 degrees for about one hour,or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.. Let cool,sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Slice and serve. Enjoy!

*** These also make a great addition to your child's lunchbox!

1 comment:

  1. This cake looks wonderful. I love philly cream cheese. I love making a chess cake with cream cheese and powdered sugar. The kids love it. It's rich. Barbara, a suggestion, turn off the word verification on your blog. it's under Settings and then comments, Scroll down until you see word verification. Click No.

    ReplyDelete