Tuesday, October 9, 2012

You Have Been Spooked

Have you ever been spooked, or booed, or bewitched? Well, this could be your year! This is a great way to make the fun of Halloween last for more than just one day.
   This weekend, my family filled up a container with lots of Halloween treats and secretly delivered it to one of our neighbors. When the kids came out in the morning, they were delighted to find this basket waiting for them.
    This is the sign attached to the basket;
You can download this printable at www.laurenmckinsey.com/spooked  . We will continue to leave a special set of treats on the doorsteps of various friends/neighbors throughout the month.
   One suggestion is to leave your name on the printable ,especially if the treats you are leaving are edible. At first ,I wanted to remain anonymous, but then thought that if  I found a basket of goodies on my porch, but did not know who they were from, I would not let my kids eat them. If you only plan on leaving items like a book, or coloring pages, then feel free to keep it anonymous.
    The treats can be anything you would like to give, candy,cookies, crayons, stickers, games, etc. It is more about the fun and the surprise than it is the expense. We filled this one with cider donuts, candies, games, books and a few other treats.

   I hope you have some fun spooking some of your friends ,and watching the kids' faces filled with excitement!! Happy Haunting!!

*** Be sure to check out my facebook page to see one of the lucky recipients of this basket...too cute!!!

1 comment: