Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey Troubles

     Well, remember my Thanksgiving countdown list to help you have a stress-free holiday? Let me share a little of my life from the past two days...first, my oven is dying a slow death.It sounds like an old lawn mower. Heaven knows I have worked that thing to death. Yet, I am still baking, and praying that it makes it until tomorrow.
   One of my boys sat on my kitchen table today, and it cracked in half...as I watched half of the bread cubes for my stuffing go flying across my kitchen, I have to admit, I laughed. It wasn't funny, but it was funny....you know what I mean? I just thought about all that has gone on here on LI the past month, and what happened in my kitchen was really nothing to be sad or angry about....it was funny.
    So, in the spirit of the season, I ask you to please keep those with real problems and misfortune in your prayers. Depending on how my oven fares, we may or may not roast a turkey tomorrow, but at least we'll be together.
  I am posting some pictures of some turkey treats I managed to make for my children's class parties in the midst of all of this chaos. The turkey cookie idea comes from The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, an amazing cookie artist who never fails to inspire me!Check out her blog at www.sweetsugarbelle.com


   Have  a wonderful Thanksgiving, and don't sweat the small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment