Friday, July 19, 2013

Chocolate Sorbet


This is a recipe from Ina Garten that I have been wanting to try. It turned out delicious, although I may have been a bit heavy handed on the cinnamon. Next time, I think I will only add a pinch of cinnamon to enhance the taste of the chocolate. This was very simple to make, and was a refreshing treat during this heat wave!!

Ingredients:

2c sugar
1c of good cocoa powder( Pernigotti)
1/2tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon( I would only use a pinch here)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2c  brewed espresso OR 2tsp espresso powder dissolved in 1/2 c boiling water
1Tbsp coffee liquor ( I used Tia Maria)
4c water

   In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, vanilla ,cinnamon and salt. Stir in 4 c water and espresso.cook over low heat until all I gradients are dissolved. Place in two plastic containers and refrigerate until very cold.Pour one of the containers  into an ice cream machine.
 
Freeze the sorbet mixture in two separate batches, according to the manufacturer's instructions. It will be soft when finished. Place in freezer containers and freeze until firm.





*** I found the ice-cream containers at www.garnish.com.
   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment