Monday, April 23, 2018

Chocolate Pudding Pie

 
If you know me or have followed my blog for a while, you know I am a person who bakes from scratch. That said, I realize that not everyone has the time or patience to do the same,and many readers have requested a few simpler recipes. I will try my best to throw in a few now and again.This is a quick one that tastes great,is easy to make and loved by everyone.Now that the weather is finally warming up, we are celebrating Communions and graduations, as well as having outdoor parties and BBQs. If you need to make a  dessert to bring along,or just to have at home for friends and family,this is a great choice. This pie is very basic, and the only "from scratch" part of the recipe is the whipped cream. I use a Kitchen Aid mixer,but you can whip the pudding and cream using whatever tools you have for this in your kitchen.

Ingredients:
1 package of Jello Fudge Pudding mix(3.4oz.)
1 Keebler Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups heavy cream
1-1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1-3/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
sprinkles or shaved chocolate for garnish

-In the bowl of your mixer, pour the 1-3/4 c. of milk and add the pudding mix. Whip until the pudding is thick.If you don't mix it well enough, it will not set up and will end up like soup.
-Pour the pudding mixture into the crust,then cover with plastic wrap. Push down lightly on the plastic to ensure that it covers all of the pudding. This will prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

-Place the 2 cups of heavy cream, sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whip until the cream is slightly thick and holds its shape. Do not overbeat or you will have butter!

-Spread a thin layer of the cream on top of the pudding.
-Using a pastry tip( I am using 6B made by Wilton) and a pastry bag(ziplocs work in a pinch), pipe the whipped cream onto the pie. I usually start along the outside and work my way in.
 These are called tipless pastry bags and can be found on Etsy. Very easy to use. They do not require using a tip at all(hence the name),however,in this instance,I am using a large tip to get the effect I want on the top of the pie. The WIlton tip can be found in craft stores or on Amazon.


-Garnish with sprinkles,chocolate chips, candy or anything else you like. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to set. Keep in mind,this is the way I chose to decorate it. You can decorate however you like,you can even stop after spreading some whipped cream on the top and just garnish it with your favorite topping.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment