Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday's Favs


This week went by quickly and I am happy to report that we are finally getting some warmer weather! Forgive me if most of my favorite things this week have to do with flowers and gardening, but it has been a very long winter and the sight of anything green, or even dirt for that matter, makes me smile!

My son Timmy loves to help me in the garden . We planted 56 cloves of garlic a few weeks ago and they are growing like crazy. Naturally, this is a sign that spring is finally here. If all goes well, these will turn into 56 heads of garlic, which we will cure and store. I will update you as we grow.
 
 
I  received a new tropical hibiscus tree which is gorgeous! I will be purchasing a new planter for it and repotting it this weekend. We spend our summers down at the beach and  plan to keep this tree there. Look at the color of the flower! It doesn't even look real, but I assure you,it is. Simply beautiful.

 
Yesterday I took a quick trip to Target for a few things, and naturally came home with more than a few things! I found this tray in the dollar section for $5. It isn't as strong as galvanized trays,but it is pretty and
looks great with the gorgeous apricot daffodils from my garden.


I picked these tulips up at Trader Joe's this week and have to say they really were stunning. I buy flowers there from time to time, but these really stood out. They were wrapped in brown paper and a friend tells me that they are from Virginia. Hope that helps a bit if you are looking for some at your local store. There were 20 blooms in this bouquet.
 
Chocolate pudding pie is one of my favorites.  I posted a quick,easy recipe for this one a few days ago. Anything with chocolate makes me happy and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a slice or two for breakfast this week. Bad, I know, but oh so good. This is a great recipe when you want something sweet without baking.
 
 
One of my favorite things about this week was making these adorable cat cookies for an  little girl's 5th birthday. Andrea from Momfessionals, threw a cat themed party for her daughter and when I tell you it was a party every little girl dreams about,I'm not kidding! I made these based on a pattern of gift wrap that she chose as the theme,and shipped them off in time for the celebration! They were so much fun to make and when I saw her daughter's reaction on her instastories,it made me smile. Special moments for sure. If you are a teacher, working mom, mom of little ones or just looking for daily inspiration, check our Andrea's blog. www.momfessionals.com .
   
    This was the gift wrap.

 
These are the cookies I created.

Well, that is all for now. I am off to make some sweets for the local softball team that is currently undefeated! Go girls!! Have a sweet weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment