Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thanksgiving Dishes

The big day is just a week away! Today I want to share some of our favorite things to make for Thanksgiving,including a soup a few sides and plenty of desserts.
   Butternut Squash Soup is one of my fall favorites. It can be made ahead and freezes well. It is a great way to start any meal and also makes a perfect lunch on a chilly day.
    Acorn squash is a vegetable that is often overlooked because many feel it is too difficult to prepare, it isn't..I promise. This recipe is can also be made ahead( 1 day) and refrigerated until ready to bake.
   I usually roast carrots with a little olive oil,salt & pepper, and it is an easy,delicious,no fail way to make them.However, for special occasions,I prefer to make them this way.Wonderful flavor that perfectly compliments the Thanksgiving meal.
   What is a meal without mashed potatoes? I switch between two favorite recipes in our house. The first, is from Ina Garten which is a buttermilk recipe that is incredible! The other is a garlic sour cream recipe that is equally delicious. Whichever you choose, you will be deliciously happy!
   Very often,recipes call for fresh herbs. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere warm, you may still have some in your garden,however,if not, you may wind up paying a pretty penny for them at the market. This is how I preserve the herbs from my garden. I make herbed butter, which freezes well and is ready anytime I need it . A few days before Thanksgiving, I take a few from the freezer and slather them on our turkey. They add amazing flavor !
  Without fail,every year I make this  spinach dish from Ina Garten.
So delicious!
  
When it is time for dessert,I serve a variety of goodies to my family. Here are a few of our favorites.

Oatmeal Buttercotch Cookies
Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Nut Cups
Coconut Custard Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Cinnamon Mocha Tart
Apple Pie
Lastly, here is the recipe I use if you are interested in making your own pie dough.
 
I hope you have a chance to try some of these recipes that we love so much! Check in tomorrow for some  day after Thanksgiving breakfast ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment