Monday, February 21, 2011

Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes


Here is a quick,easy and delicious breakfast.It is a family favorite in our house.My mother-in-law made these for us many years ago,and I have added my own twist to make it healthful as well.This recipe works perfectly well without the flax seed & wheat bran,so if you do not have them,have no fear.I like to add it to get my children's day off to a  good start!
Ingredients:
2 c. bisquick
1 c. applesauce(I use all-natural)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. ground flax seed
2 tbsp. wheat or oat bran
2 eggs
Butter or cooking spray for your griddle
   Mix all of the ingredients together.Melt butter on a griddle and spoon batter onto the griddle(the size of your pancakes is up to you). When the pancakes start to bubble on the surface,flip and cook about one minute more.Enjoy with butter and maple syrup.
***Truth be told,these are so moist,they do not even need butter on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment